4 Premio Hot Italian Sausage links, casings removed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (19 ounce) can tomato soup
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 package frozen spinach, squeezed dry
6-10 drops of hot sauce
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spicy Sausage Soup:
1. Heat olive oil in a medium Dutch oven. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds.
2. Add Premio Sausage and brown, breaking up meat with a spatula or wooden spoon.
3. Add canned tomatoes, including juice, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in soup, broth and spinach; stir well.
4. Add hot sauce and seasonings, and simmer for 1 hour to meld flavors before serving.
SERVES: 6SERVES: 6