1 pound Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Patties
8 large peppers
1 pound ground beef
4 cups water
3 cups fresh spinach
1 cup long grain enriched rice
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic
1 small onion
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sweet Sausage, Sweet Stuffed Peppers:
1. Peel and dice onions. Cut and dice peppers. Combine in bowl and mix to gether. 1. In a frying pan, heated over medium heat, place peppers and onions. In the meantime, boil water for pasta.
2. Remove Premio Sausage from casing. Pull sausage apart making little chunks of sausage. Mix in with peppers and onions.
3. Cook until onions are clear, peppers are tender and sausage is thoughouly cooked, about 10-12 miinutes.
4. While sausage, peppers and onions are cooking, open both cans of sauce.
5.Cook pasta according to package directions.
6. Once peppers, onion and sausage mixture is cooked, reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in sauce and simmer about 5-7 minutes. Drain pasta.
7. Place a serving of pasta onto plate. Add 1 cup of sausage, peppers, and onion mixture onto pasta.