1 pound Premio Hot & Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage (or your favorite Premio Italian Sausage variety)
1 head Romaine lettuce
1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen
1 medium Roma tomato, diced
1/2 cup red-bell pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1/2 cup seasoned or flavored tortilla chips, crushed
1/2 cup guacamole (optional)
1/2 cup canned black beans (optional)
1/2 cup fresh salsa (optional for garnish)
Sour cream (optional for garnish)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps:
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage in olive oil, breaking into small pieces and stirring occasionally until thoroughly browned. Set aside.
2. Peel the leaves of the romaine lettuce off the core and place 2 large, full leaves on each serving plate. Pile 3 tbsp. sausage, 1 tbsp. tomatoes, 1 tbsp. corn, 1 tbsp. peppers and 2 tbsp. cheese on each leaf wrap.
3. Optionally, add guacamole, sour cream, salsa and black beans to the rest of the taco fillings. Top with a pinch of cilantro and a sprinkle of seasoned tortilla chips.
4. Serve fresh and enjoy.