1/2 package Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, removed from casings
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 tsp. lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. minced thyme leaves
10 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
1/2 cup pasta sauce of your choice
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Mini Premio Sausage Lasagna Rolls:
Do you love the flavors and satisfaction of a classic Italian meal like lasagna? Now you can enjoy all the spices and satisfaction of an Italian-inspired dish in a bite-sized appetizer. These mini lasagna rolls are adorable, enjoyable and perfect for kids or a pre-dinner treat.
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. In a skillet over medium heat, saute your sausage meat in olive oil until well-browned and cooked through, stirring and breaking into crumbles as you cook. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add ricotta cheese, egg, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, sugar and minced thyme and mix. Add cooked sausage crumbles and mix until well incorporated.
3. Lay out your lasagna noodles, cutting each in half widthwise. Spread your ricotta meat filling down each noodle, leaving about an inch at the bottom end. Starting at the end with filling, roll each of your noodles up and cut them in half again.
4. Fill a casserole dish with a small amount of sauce, then lay out your noodle rolls along the bottom and ladle a small spoon of sauce over each roll. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the rolls, then place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve warm with a bowl of your favorite pasta sauce for dipping on the side. Buon appetito!
Craving more delicious sausage for all your appetizers and main dishes? Try every variety of Premio sausage in your own recipes today!
Start by searching for our mouthwatering products in a store near you.