1 package Premio Premio’s Sweet Italian Sausage
2/3 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup ketchup
8 slices bacon
2 teaspoons mustard
1 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Pineapple Bacon Baked Beans with Sausage:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F).
2. Cook the sausage according to the directions on the packaging. When it’s done, cut the links lengthwise and then slice thinly. The pieces should be shaped like crescent moons. Set the sausage aside.
3. Fry the bacon over medium to medium-high heat. Turn the strips so they cook evenly on both sides. Fry the bacon until it is crispy, then transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate. Let the bacon cool and pat off any excess fat. Once it has cooled completely, crumble the bacon.
4. Add all the ingredients — except for the brown sugar — into a baking dish. Stir them together until they’re well combined. Then, sprinkle the top with the brown sugar.
5. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it’s heated through completely.
6. When the baked beans are cooked through, remove the dish from the oven and serve.