Ingredients:1 medium green squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
4 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 ounces marinara sauce
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 small, soft flour tortillas
Hot sauce (optional)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Italian Soft Tacos:
1. In a large skillet, brown Premio Sausage thoroughly for approximately 17 minutes, stirring often.
2. In separate skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic, squash, parsley, and basil; toss to coat with oil. Add 2 tablespoons of water to second skillet; cover and cook on low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Once meat is brown, drain meat and vegetables. Add vegetables to meat skillet. Pour tomato sauce and stir well. Cover and heat for 5 minutes.
4. Cover tortillas with a damp paper towel and heat in microwave for 45 seconds. Fill each tortilla with meat/vegetable mixture and top with mozzarella cheese. Add hot sauce, if desired and fold to close.
SERVES: 4-6SERVES: 4-6