1/2 package Premio Hot & Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage
1 1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Sausage Zucchini Crust Pizza:
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Put the pizza sauce in a bowl. Season it with the oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder. Set it aside.
3. Grill the sausages over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep the lid closed. When the sausages are done, cut them into 1/4-inch slices and set them aside.
4. Slice off the ends of the zucchini and then cut them into 3/4-inch slices.
5. Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill the zucchini until it becomes tender and grill marks appear, cooking evenly on both sides. Remove the zucchini from the grill.
6. Add pizza sauce to each slice of zucchini. Sprinkle each piece with mozzarella and top with some of the sliced sausage.
7. Put the zucchini back onto the grill. Cook for about seven or eight minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly bubbly.
8. When the zucchini pizzas are done, remove them from the grill and serve immediately.