1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage, casings removed
2 pounds ground venison
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons chili powder
2 cans chunky crushed tomatoes
2 cups beef broth or water
2 cans kidney beans, undrained
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Premio Venison Sausage Chili:
1. In a big pot (Dutch oven), break up the Premio Sausage and venison; brown along with the chopped green peppers, chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain.
2. Put back on stove and add the 2 cans of chunky crushed tomatoes, salt, chili powder and beef broth/water; stir well. Let cook, covered, over medium- low heat at a slight boil for a couple of hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Add kidney beans and continue to cook without a cover until desired thickness.
SERVES: 4-8SERVES: 4-8