Ingredients:1 Green Giant Veggie Spirals Zucchini
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 yellow onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 minced garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage and Peppers With Zucchini Noodles:
1. Preheat your grill. Cook the sausages over medium-high heat, turning evenly to cook on both sides for about five minutes each. The sausages will look golden brown when they’re done.
2. Slice the sausages into 1-inch pieces and set them aside.
3. Heat the olive oil over a large skillet with a lid at medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and red bell peppers. You can also choose to spiralize the onion and peppers instead of chopping them. Cook the mixture together for about five minutes.
4. Add the tomato paste to the vegetables and stir. Throw in some red pepper flakes and the garlic cloves and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
5. Add your sausages to the large skillet with the vegetables and tomato paste. Then add oregano and the chicken broth and season the mixture with salt and pepper to your taste.
6. Cover your skillet and simmer for another 10 minutes until everything is cooked together. Then uncover your skillet when you notice the sauce reducing by about a quarter and cook for five more minutes.
7. Stir in the parsley.
8. Put the zucchini noodles in a large mixing bowl and add the sausage mixture on top. Use tongs to toss the whole thing together and serve immediately. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top and enjoy!