1 pound Premio Mild Italian Sausage
1 can green chilies
1 1/2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
15 ounces canned corn, drained
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons green onion
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage Queso:
1. In a large skillet or pot, brown sausage for 10-12 minutes, breaking and crumbling with a stirring spatula. When cooked, pat dry with a paper towel to remove additional grease.
2. Break cream cheese into pieces and stir into pork, keeping on medium heat until melted and mixed.
3. Add can of drained corn, 1 cup of tomatoes, undrained can of chilies, 2 tbsp. green onion and shredded cheddar. Continue to cook on medium, stirring until cheese melts and begins to bubble.
4. Remove mixture from the heat, add garnish of cheddar, ½ tbsp. tomato and 1 tbsp. green onion. Serve with tortilla chips!