Ingredients:2 ripe avocados
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, marinated & chopped
1 cup artichoke hearts, marinated & chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt & pepper
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage-Stuffed Avocado Boats:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa in boiling water and simmer until tender, about 15-20 minutes or as directed by package. When fluffy, add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Fluff with fork.
2. Cut sausages down the centers, lengthwise, and remove the outer casings, then cook the meat in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
3. To prepare the avocados, slice them lengthwise, remove the pits and use a spoon to scoop out the avocado flesh. Chop into diced pieces and set the empty shells aside.
4. Add quinoa, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, sausage and feta to a large bowl and mix together, then add the chopped avocado and toss lightly. Scoop the quinoa mixture into the empty avocado shells and sprinkle with Parmesan.
5. Place in the oven and bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted on top. Serve warm and enjoy.
Serves: 4Serves: 4