1 pound Premio Hot Italian Sausage Patties, crumbled
1 medium onion, small dice
1 garlic clove, minced
2 stalks green onion, sliced thin
6 English muffins, chopped into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 cup corn, frozen
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup chicken stock
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Spicy Sausage Stuffing:
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet on low heat. Add Premio Sausage and cook until brown and flavorful. While cooking, use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage into smaller crumbles. Remove the sausage from the pan and return pan to the burner.
2. Add onion and garlic to the pan, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken stock to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape the flavor from the bottom of the pan left by the sausage, onion, and garlic.
3. Add corn, tomatoes, green onions, sausage and finally the English muffins to the pan. Allow the muffins to soak up the flavors of the broth.
4. Toss the mixture together until evenly mixed and heated through.