2 Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage or Premio Mild Italian Sausage or Premio Hot Italian Sausage, removed from casing
2 Premio Mild Italian Sausages, removed from casing
2 Premio Hot Italian Sausages, removed from casing
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 whole large jalapeño pepper, halved, stemmed and seeded
1 tablespoon chunky garlic paste
4 ounces whole dried mission figs (about 12 figs)
1/2 cup lager beer or non-alcoholic beer
1 (15 ounces) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 (18 ounce) container fat-free cream cheese
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 bags Party ‘tizers Three Bean Dippin’ Chips”
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Tuscan Frijoles Dip:
1. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to a small skillet. Add Premio Chicken Sausage, breaking up with back of spoon, and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil to a larger skillet. Add Premio Italian Sausages (Mild and Hot) and brown evenly, about 5 minutes.
3. In a larger skillet, combine browned chicken sausage with pork sausages and continue to cook for about 1 minute, or more to your liking.
4. While sausage is browning, add halved and seeded jalapeño, garlic paste and dried mission figs to a food processor. Pulse for about 15-20 turns for 1 second per turn.
5. Deglaze the meat with the beer, scraping the browned bits from bottom of pan. Once beer evaporates, add fig and jalapeño mixture to pan with meat; stir.
6. Add cannellini beans to same food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds; drizzle remaining olive oil (1 tablespoon) while pulsing to create a smooth consistency. Add beans to skillet and mix well.
7. Melt in cream cheese over low heat. Stir in lemon juice at the end. Transfer the dip into a serving bowl and serve with Three Bean Dippin’ Chips.
SERVES: 6-10SERVES: 6-10