3 pounds Premio Sweet Italian Sausage Meat
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
2 tablespoons paprika
3 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1/2 cup minced fresh mint leaves
6 cloves garlic, minced
4 teaspoons salt
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Homemade Moroccan Merguez Sausage:
1. In a skillet, toast the cumin, fennel and coriander seeds over medium heat. Should be fragrant! Let the seeds cool and then grind until powdery.
2. Combine ground spices with paprika, cayenne and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add in the ground sausage, oil, mint, garlic and salt until well-mixed!
3. To shape the sausage links, roll the seasoned mixture into small tubes (4 inches long and 1 inch wide.) Cook the sausage right away in a skillet or grill until browned.