1/2 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 cups strawberries, halved or quartered depending on size
1/3 cup baby spinach
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Sausage & Strawberry Balsamic Pasta Salad:
1. Cook the sausage according to the instructions on the packaging. When the sausage is finished cooking, cut each link lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. The pieces should resemble crescent moons.
2. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on its packaging. Cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain the pasta, then pour it into a large serving bowl. Add the cooked sausage, strawberries, baby spinach and walnuts.
3. Make the dressing. In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, black pepper, garlic and dried basil. Whisk the dressing until it’s well-combined.
4. Pour the dressing into the serving bowl. Stir and toss the pasta salad until the ingredients are evenly coated in the dressing.
5. Serve immediately, or cover it and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.