1 package Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage or your favorite Premio sausage
2 ripe avocados
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
Salt & pepper
Additional ingredients can be: tomatoes, roasted red peppers, arugula, pesto, cheese, hot sauce, egg, etc.
- Always cook pork sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 160° F using a meat thermometer.
- Always cook chicken sausage to a minimum internal temperature of 165° F using a meat thermometer.
How to make Create Your Own Sausage Avocado Toast:
1. Begin by cooking Premio sausage in a skillet over medium-heat. Add 3 tablespoons water and place links in pan. Cover the pan, continue heating for 10-12 minutes, turning the links often. Remove cover and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces.
2. Toast your bread slices. As soon as they come out of the toaster, lightly drizzle them with olive oil.
3. In a bowl, use a fork and mash your avocado. Add lemon, salt, and pepper to taste.
4. Spread avocado mixture evenly to the toast slices and top with sausage slices. Enjoy!