4 ounces Premio Sweet Italian Sausage
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup shredded manchego cheese
2 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
1/4 small onion, chopped
6 fingerling potatoes, sliced
4 ounces fresh spinach
Salt & pepper Print
How to make Mini Frittatas in a Jar:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Prepare 9 4-oz. canning jars by greasing with butter or spraying with cooking spray. Place jars even lengths apart on a baking sheet.
2. In a skillet on medium heat, sauté sausage until browned, breaking up into small crumbles. When fully cooked and slightly crispy, set aside in a bowl and leave excess grease in pan.
3. Over medium heat in the same skillet, sauté spinach, potatoes and onions until tender. Add to sausage and mix.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, pepper and salt, then whisk in cheese. Add parsley and chives to mixture.
5. Combine butter and breadcrumbs in a small bowl and mix.
6. Spoon 1 tbsp. of breadcrumb/butter mixture into each canning jar, then pour 1/3 cup egg mixture on top and finish with 2 tbsp. sausage/vegetable mixture. Divide any excess mixture evenly among the jars.
7. Place baking tray with canning jars in oven and bake at 375 degrees (F) for 10-15 minutes. Finished frittatas will be brown on top and a knife should come out clean when stuck in. Serve warm.
Serves: 9 AppetizersServes: 9 Appetizers