4 Ways to Give Back This Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is a holiday reserved for giving thanks, but it’s also a great time to give back to others. You can distribute thoughtful Thanksgiving favors to friends, family and strangers to brighten the lives of the people around you. Whether you cook a meal for someone you love or donate food to someone who needs it, you’ll be sure to feel the joys of giving.
Learn how to give back on Thanksgiving with these helpful tips.
1. Donate Nonperishables to Local Food Banks
If you have an excess of canned and boxed food items in your pantry, consider donating them to your local food bank. A can of corn or a box of pasta may seem insignificant to you, but they can feed countless people who don’t have access to a Thanksgiving meal. When you contribute nonperishables to charitable organizations, you directly affect the lives of others by bringing them joy and nourishment. You can also help us donate meals to the Community FoodBank of New Jersey by entering our Check-Out Hunger® contest, which runs through December 15.
2. Participate in a Turkey Trot
You can raise money for local charities on Thanksgiving morning by signing up to run or walk in a Turkey Trot. You can choose to run a 5K or 10K race based on your abilities and participate with friends and family for hours of charitable fun.
Most Turkey Trots include food, music and other festivities for runners to enjoy while raising money for a good cause — plus, you can burn some unwanted calories before indulging in your Thanksgiving dinner.
3. Spend Time With Friends and Family
There’s no Thanksgiving thank you more meaningful than spending time with the people you love. Whether you call up an old friend you haven’t spoken to in a while, stop by your grandparents’ house for a visit or play a board game with your parents, you’ll be sure to make their day.
Making someone feel loved by initiating quality time with them is a simple but impactful way to spread holiday cheer and cultivate lasting relationships with the people who matter to you.
4. Make a Homemade Meal for Others
Nothing says “Thanksgiving” like a homemade meal. You can whip up a delectable dish for your family or friends to thank them for being an important part of your life. With so many festive, mouth-watering Thanksgiving recipes, you’ll never be at a shortage of ideas to choose from:
- Pumpkin-ricotta stuffed shells with crumbled Premio sausage: This seasonal dish is a delicious, healthy alternative to cheese-stuffed shells. It features a flavorful blend of creamy pumpkin and sweet Italian sausage.
- Premio sausage mac n’ cheese: This homemade mac n’ cheese dish is a modern take on a family favorite. It’s packed with parmesan and cheddar cheese and bursting with sweet sausage flavors that will be sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Sausage stuffed butternut squash: This festive Thanksgiving recipe features butternut and zucchini squash, sweet and savory seasonings, Italian sausage and three different kinds of cheese for outstanding flavor.
Use Premio Foods Sausage to Make Recipes for Thanksgiving
If you’re looking to give back to others with a Thanksgiving favor, consider making them a delicious meal with Premio Foods sausage. We’ve been providing our customers with a wide variety of pork, chicken and turkey sausages expertly crafted with the highest quality meats and seasonings for over 40 years.
Find a Premio Foods supplier near you by using our store locator today!