Cooking for Keto
The keto diet is the latest food and weight loss diet taking over dieting and pop culture. Essentially, the keto diet allows you to eat many of your favorite fatty and low-carb foods while losing weight and enjoying a healthier and more active lifestyle. Keto diets boost a wide array of health benefits, including significant weight loss and reduction of blood sugar and insulin levels. Diets can often seem intimidating, but by understanding the types of foods you can still eat and how you can create healthy, fun and fresh meals, mastering the keto diet is simple and fun.
What Can You Eat on the Keto Diet?
When on the keto diet, it may be tempting at first to believe you can eat any high-fat food you want. For the best results, those enjoying the keto diet need to monitor their intake and consume the right types of food. Keto diets are primarily made up of 70 to 80% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbohydrates. Keeping this in mind, here’s what you can typically eat on a keto diet:
- Fattier Meat Cuts — Chicken, Pork, Steak and Beef, Bacon, Ham and Sausage
- Fats and Oil — Butter, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Ghee, Avocado Oil and Mayonnaise
- Several Vegetables — Onion, Avocado, Broccoli, Zucchini and Peppers.
- High-Fat Dairy Products — Heavy Cream, Cheese, Cream Cheese and Sour Cream
- Nuts — Almonds, Peanuts and Peanut Butter, Macadamia Nuts, Pecans and Walnuts
- Seafood — Salmon, Clams, Oysters, Lobster, Crab, Scallops and Mussels
- Other Foods — Eggs, Unsweetened Coffee and Spices
Healthy Keto Sausage Recipes
Embracing the keto diet is pretty simple when you understand the types of food you can and can’t eat — especially if you can’t resist an array of fatty and delicious sausage varieties. These easy healthy sausage recipes focus on keto dieting principles with high-fat content, limited amounts of protein and practically zero carbs:
- Sausage and Peppers With Zucchini Noodles: This simple, fresh recipe is perfect for a quick and keto-friendly weeknight dinner. With a few basic ingredients and Premio’s savory sweet and hot Italian sausage you can enjoy a filling and delectable “pasta” dish with none of the guilt afterward.
- Chef Capon’s Premio Sausage and Shrimp Skewers: When you crave a bit of surf and turf for your next outdoor cookout, try these savory skewers made with your favorite Premio sausage.
- Easy Premio Chicken Sausage With Bell Peppers: With this easy and healthy five-ingredient keto sausage recipe, you’ll have it cooked and be licking the plate clean in under 30 minutes. To keep this recipe exciting and diverse, switch out our classic chicken sausage for one of our other favorites like our hot and spicy chicken sausage, Italian chicken sausage with cheese and garlic or Italian chicken sausage with pesto.
- Premio Sausage BLT on Avocado Bun: Knowing you can’t eat a loaf of bread doesn’t mean giving up a delicious BLT for lunch. Our innovative keto-friendly BLT incorporates the classic ingredients of a BLT with our tangy sweet Italian chicken sausage griller patties and sandwiched between two halves of an avocado for a creamy, fatty flavor.
When whipping up these recipes, put your meat thermometer to use and ensure all sausage cooks to a minimum of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Need Delicious Meet Options for Your Next Keto Diet Recipe? Choose Premio Foods Italian Sausages
Enjoy a healthier and more active lifestyle with help from Premio Foods’ wide selection of chicken and pork sausage products — we have over 40 different varieties to suit any taste bud or keto diet specific recipe. Check out your local grocery store to explore our variety of products or order your favorite Italian sausage from our online store.