Fun Family Dinner Games
For many families, dinners are a time where they can slow down from the hustle and bustle of the day and come together — but kids may not look forward to it as much as their parents. To get everyone on board, try making the time meaningful and engaging with fun, family-friendly games and conversation starters — and, of course, adding some great Italian sausage recipes to the menu.
Dinner Games and Activities
Try out one of these family activities during your next family meal!
This classic game is simple — one person thinks of a sentence, then whispers it to the person beside them. That person repeats what they think they’ve heard to the next person in line, and so forth until the phrase returns to the starting person. See how close your family got to preserving the original phrase.
Create a goofy narrative by having one person deliver a starting sentence. Each family member then adds to it until the story is finished. What will result is a silly and entertaining tale.
Would You Rather
Prompt some interesting discussions with thought-provoking “Would you rather…?” questions. You’ll learn a lot about your family members based on their answers.
You know how this one goes: Start by saying, “I spy with my little eye, something…” and add descriptors to identify the object in the room you’re looking at. Everyone tries to guess what the object in question is, and everyone gets a chance to be the “spy-er.”
Two Truths and a Lie
Each family member comes up with two real facts about themselves and one that is made-up. Go around the table, share your facts and try to guess which one is a lie. You might find out something new about the people you thought you knew so well!
Fun Conversation Starters
You can also use some of these family-friendly conversation starters to get the ball rolling at dinnertime:
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
- If you could create a new holiday, what would it be?
- If you got to star on any TV show, what would it be?
- If you had to eat only one food forever, what would it be?
- What three things would you take on a desert island?
Healthy Sausages Recipes for Dinner
No mealtime is complete without a hearty and healthy meal for the whole family to enjoy, but we know kids can be picky eaters. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of healthy Italian sausage recipes for dinner that are as tasty as they are good for you:
- Premio Sausage Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers: This is a fun and festive Halloween-inspired dish with lots of character.
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Tater Tot Casserole: With chicken, cheese and veggies, this recipe has it all.
- Premio Classic Italian Sausage and Chicken Skewers: Skewers add an element of fun to this dish that is seasoned and grilled to perfection.
- Premio Cheese and Garlic Chicken Sausage With Penne: This Italian-inspired entrée with vegetables is sure to be a dinnertime favorite.
Bring Your Family Together With Premio Foods
At Premio Foods, we’ve been making fine Italian sausages of all varieties for over 40 years. From pork sausage and bratwurst to chorizo and chicken sausage, we have the quality meats you’re looking for.