Healthy Meals You Can Freeze
Your freezer might just be the most underrated appliance in your kitchen. Not only does it allow you to make ice and keep foods longer, but it can save you from giving in to cravings. After all, when you have healthy frozen meals on hand, you and your family are less likely to indulge in fast food and snacks.
What’s the Big Deal About Freezing Sausage Recipes?
Freezing meals ahead of time can offer numerous benefits beyond keeping your health on track:
- Freezing allows you to take advantage of all those grocery store bulk food sales.
- You’ll spend less time preparing meals if you occasionally make a double batch of your favorite sausage recipes and freeze the rest for later.
- Picky eaters can never say that you have nothing for them to eat, because a dish they love is as close as the freezer!
- You have zero excuse for skipping a meal because “there’s nothing in the house.”
- Mornings can be spent relaxing rather than trying to whip up a few different items for everyone in your household.
- You can take frozen meals to work and get a real lunch instead of buying unhealthy products from the vending machine.
- Controlling the portions for bratwurst and other recipes is simple when you freeze the dishes ahead of time in pre-measured amounts.
What Constitutes a Healthy Meal?
Excited by the thought of making better use of your freezer? Make sure that all the recipes you freeze contain a variety of whole, natural ingredients. That way, you can reheat several recipes and get a full serving of nutrients including proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbs, good-for-you fats and so much more.
Here are some flavorful, filling recipes featuring everything from sweet Italian to hot Italian sausage to get your freezing game started.
Terrific Sausage Meals to Make Ahead and Freeze
The next time you’re making meals, remember these single-pan mouthwatering recipes. Be sure to double all the ingredients so you get servings you can eat right away and others you can freeze for later:
- Savory Sausage and Hashbrown Quiche: Use any kind of Premio sausage you like in this one-dish meal that’s super easy to pull together. All you need is a baking dish and a tiny bit of prep time. Everything comes together fast in this egg-based quiche. Feel free to substitute other veggies for the peppers and spinach to make the final product a signature dish.
- Premio Cheesy Brat Casserole: Here’s another one-dish meal that features bratwurst and is surprisingly simple to make last-minute. You probably already have a lot of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge. Choose a different type of shredded cheese to kick up the fun, if desired. You may want to sprinkle a little paprika on top for color and subtle flavor.
- Baked Ziti: Pasta dishes tend to cook beautifully and freeze well. Spicy hot Italian sausage mingles with its sweeter counterpart in this eye-catching, palate-pleasing recipe. If you like, replace the dried spices with fresh thyme, basil, rosemary and oregano leaves to punch up the robustness and intensity.
- Buffalo Sausage Tater Tot Casserole: Tater tot casseroles are crowd-pleasing choices and they tend to freeze like a dream. This spicier version can be toned down by subbing the hot sausage with a milder, sweeter Italian sausage. Veggie tater tots improve the health factor and lower the fat content without compromising flavor.
Why wait to make your future self happier? Freeze more meals so you can get the advantages that come from being pragmatic, practical and healthier.
Start browsing our culinary creations for sausage recipe inspiration today!