Weekend Brunch Ideas You’ll Love
Casual brunches over the weekend are excellent opportunities to gather with your loved ones. Visit your local farmers market and find the fruits and vegetables you need for your sweet and savory brunch menu items, along with great seasonal drinks to enjoy. Follow these weekend brunch menu ideas to have the best brunch yet.
Tips for Hosting the Best Weekend Brunch
Check out these tips for coming up with weekend brunch ideas for a crowd:
- Plan your menu: Know what you’re going to make for brunch well before your guests arrive. Enjoy yourself with your friends or family while knowing you have a fridge full of all the ingredients you need to make your delicious dishes.
- Stock your fridge: Once you’ve figured out what foods you want to serve for your guests, write a list of everything you’ll need. Check the refrigerator and pantry to make sure you have the ingredients for your brunch menu items. If not, plan a trip to the grocery store a few days before your party.
- Set up the night before: Save time and energy by preparing what you can the night before. Place your flatware, plates, napkins, mugs and glasses on the table, and put out the serving utensils or bowls before starting cooking. You can also put fresh towels in the bathroom and refill your soap dispenser.
- Use disposable plates and utensils: After cooking and preparing, make it easier to get your home back in order with disposable cups, plates and bowls. You can also use dishwasher-safe utensils, plates and bowls to save time standing in front of the sink.
- Go buffet style: Instead of serving all your guests yourself, set up a buffet station so they can get food themselves. Let them make tacos or salads with their chosen toppings. Put the drinks and food in separate areas for easy flowing foot traffic.
How to Pick a Theme for Your Weekend Brunch
Even though a theme for your get-together isn’t necessary for planning, it may help you think of some weekend brun
ch decorating ideas. Since your gathering should be casual and lighthearted, you don’t want an elaborate theme like you would use for a birthday or dinner party. You can decide on one based on the following:
- The food you’ll be serving
- The current season
- An upcoming holiday
- One specific ingredient
- One type of cuisine
- Color palettes
Use your creativity and let the theme guide you as you brainstorm some fresh brunch ideas.
Savory and Sweet Brunch Ideas
Serve up a menu with different flavors to appeal to all your guests. Check out these savory and sweet weekend brunch menu ideas for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
Savory Weekend Brunch Ideas
If you’re craving something hearty to fill you up for the rest of the day, consider adding some of these savory treats to your brunch menu:
- Crustless Quiche With Summer Vegetables: This simple quiche features an eclectic blend of summer vegetables, including corn, zucchini, Swiss chard, summer squash and tomatoes.
- Sausage and Heirloom Tomato Salad: Enjoy this Mexican twist on the traditional heirloom tomato salad with chorizo sausage, chopped cilantro, palm hearts and lime juice.
- Sausage and Eggplant Summer Frittata: Use spicy sausage and creamy goat cheese combined with a heap of basil and meltingly soft eggplant for a hearty main dish.
Sweet Weekend Brunch Ideas
You may also want to add these sweet dishes to your weekend brunch menu:
- Orange-Maple French Toast Casserole: Take advantage of the sweet flavor of orange by pairing it with cubes of French toast, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Mini Pancake Tacos: After you’ve made thin, puffy pancakes, add some yogurt, fruit and honey to them and fold them in half. Now you have a breakfast taco everyone will enjoy.
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Swirly Buns: Go straight to dessert by serving this delicious take on a combination of strawberries and a cheese danish with a cinnamon roll.
Premio Weekend Brunch Recipes for Inspiration
Sausage is a savory food with different flavors to complement any dish you want to serve for brunch. Check out some of our favorite brunch recipes for the occasion.
Marinated Summer Veggies With Chicken Sausage
To make Marinated Summer Veggies With Chicken Sausage, you need the following ingredients:
- Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Washed and cut fresh long green beans
- Cubed medium yellow squash
- Cubed medium green zucchini
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Seeded and diced red bell pepper
- Cubed Vidalia onion
- Finely shredded fresh basil leaves
Follow these steps to make this delicious weekend brunch dish:
- After taking the chicken sausage out of the package, put it on a plate and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Whisk the olive oil, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl.
- Add all the vegetables together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover the vegetables with the oil and vinegar mixture. After tossing the ingredients together, let the bowl sit for 25 minutes at room temperature.
- Take the chicken sausage out of the freezer and cook over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once the chicken sausage has cooked to a minimum temperature of 165° F, cut it into 1/4-inch-thick medallions with a sharp knife.
- Combine the chicken sausage and marinated summer veggies.
- Place the mixture in a single layer on a large baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Put the baking sheet on the grill for 4 to 8 minutes.
- Season with basil and serve immediately.
Grilled Chicken Sausage With Summer Veggies
To make Grilled Chicken Sausage With Summer Veggies, you need the following ingredients:
- Premio Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- Peach preserves
- Plum preserves
- Regular or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Finely grated fresh ginger
- Crushed garlic cloves
- Medium-sized orange bell peppers
- Medium-sized red bell peppers
- Medium-sized eggplant
- Large green zucchini
- Large yellow zucchini squash
Follow these steps to cook the sausage and vegetables:
- Use a food processor or blender to blend the fruit preserves, garlic, soy sauce, water and ginger until it’s a paste-like consistency.
- Cut the peppers in half, removing the membranes, tops and seeds. Slice the eggplant longways about 1/2 an inch thick each. Cut the zucchini and zucchini squash into cubes.
- Put the cut vegetables in a large mixing bowl and stir in about two-thirds of the sauce until you’ve coated all the vegetables.
- Place the vegetables on grill racks with oil on them and grill over medium-high heat for 9 minutes.
- Cook chicken sausage on the grill at low to medium heat for 18 minutes, turning often for an even char. Once the sausages are 165° F inside, take them off the grill and put them on a serving platter. Use the rest of the sauce on the sausage.
- Prepare each plate with whole or half sausage links. Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces for your guests to enjoy.
Summer Premio Pasta
To make Summer Premio Pasta, you need the following ingredients:
- Premio sausage of your choosing
- Olive oil
- Finely chopped garlic
- Thinly sliced small red bell pepper
- Sliced zucchini
- Fresh spinach
- Halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- White wine or chicken stock
- Salted butter
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Penne pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Follow these steps to make this delicious pasta dish for your summer brunch:
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Slice the sausage and cook in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until there’s almost no pink. Add the bell pepper, olive oil and garlic to the pan, tossing it for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and toss for 2 minutes in the pan. Combine salt and pepper, white wine or chicken stock, red pepper flakes and sugar. Cook everything together until the vegetables reach your desired texture.
- Put the butter in the pan and toss everything until the butter melts. Add the drained pasta and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Find Premio Sausage at a Store Near You
If you’re planning your next weekend brunch, make sure your menu includes some delicious recipes with Premio Sausage. Check out a store near you to pick out all the scrumptious ingredients you need to make your brunch party a success.