Five Comfort Meals to Make This Fall
As the chilly season approaches, it’s time to get out the comfort food recipes! If you’re looking for some delicious comfort meals to keep you warm and cozy, check out our top five fall recipes.
1. Pumpkin-Stuffed Ravioli With Premio Sausage, Brown Butter Sauce and Pecans
For lovers of ravioli and all things sweet and savory, this is a great seasonal dish for your family to enjoy. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
For the filling, you’ll need:
- Mashed, organic pumpkin, 8 oz. can
- Premio Sweet Italian Sausage, 1 package, casings removed
- Brown sugar, 2 tbsp.
- Ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp.
- Ground cloves, 1/8 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp.
- Ground allspice, 1/8 tsp.
- Ground ginger, 1/8 tsp.
For the sauce, you’ll use:
- Butter, 4 oz.
- Brown sugar, 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Apple cider vinegar, 2 1/2 tbsp.
- Toasted, chopped pecans, 1/4 cup
You’ll also use these additional ingredients:
- Warm water, 1/2 cup
- 2 eggs
- Flour, 2 1/2 cups
- Salt, 1/2 tsp.
Check out the complete recipe and give this one a try!
2. Pumpkin-Ricotta Stuffed Shells With Crumbled Premio Sausage
In this favorite fall recipe, the shell filling is made with pumpkin puree and fat-free ricotta to save on calories without sacrificing flavor. Our sweet Italian sausage will keep you full. You’ll need to have:
- Jumbo pasta shells, 24
- Premio Sweet Italian sausage, 1 package, casings removed
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp.
- Pumpkin puree, 1 can
- Tomato sauce, 1 jar
- Ricotta, fat-free, 22 oz.
- Pecorino romano cheese, 2 1/2 oz.
- Large egg, 1
- Sage, 1 tbsp.
- Basil, 1 cup
- Garlic, 2 cloves
For the full delicious and nutritious recipe, take a look at our recipe page.
3. Butternut Squash Risotto With Premio Sausage
This sweet fall dish is easy to make and sure to be a hit with the family. Collect these ingredients to have on hand:
- Premio Sweet Italian sausage, 1 package
- Unsalted chicken stock, 4 cups
- Butternut squash (1/2), peeled and diced
- 1 vidalia onion, finely diced
- Extra virgin olive oil, 3 tbsp.
- Rice, 1 1/2 cups
- Dry white wine, 1/2 cup
- Rosemary, chopped, 1 tbsp.
- Butter, 2 tbsp.
- Parmesan, 2 cups
Want to add this to your must-cook list? Check out the full recipe!
4. Sausage and Sweet Potato Combo
A savory and simple dish, this is the perfect recipe to make in a pinch when you need something filling. You’ll just need the following ingredients:
- Premio Sweet Italian chicken sausage, two 14 oz. packages
- 3 medium red apples
- Yellow onions, 1 1/2
- Dried rosemary, 3 tsp.
- Dried sage, 1 1/2 tsp.
- Dried thyme, 1 tsp.
- Olive oil, as needed
You can check out the recipe page for full instructions.
5. Stuffed Mini Pumpkins
Hosting a family holiday party? This is the perfect recipe to show off your presentation skills while offering your guests a tasty dish. Here’s what to use:
- Mini pumpkins, 8-10
- Premio Sweet Italian sausage, casings removed, 1 package
- Olive oil, 2 1/2 tbsp.
- Sweet onion, finely chopped, 3/4 cup
- Mushrooms, chopped, 1 cup
- Apple cider, 1/2 cup
- Walnuts, chopped, 1 cup
- Nutmeg, 1/8 tsp.
- Thyme, chopped, 2 tsp.
- Quinoa and brown rice, 1 package
- Kale, chopped, 1 cup
- Shredded Parmesan, 1 cup
Check out the complete recipe for more cooking details.
Get Cooking With Premio Today
Use our store locator tool to find where you can get your Premio products. Give these recipes a try, and let us know how they went in the comments!