The Best Summer Produce
Fresh produce is great for sprucing up any dish with bright colors and strong flavors. It can be added to just about any entrée and also make for tasty side dishes and appetizers — especially if it’s combined with Premio sausage.
Before you get started shopping for the best summer produce, however, it’s important to know what’s in season.
Summer Fruits and Vegetables
From carrots and peaches to berries and summer squash, there’s no shortage of produce to pick from. Here are just some of the colorful vegetables and fruits that are in season during the summer months:
- Fava beans
- Green beans
- Summer squash
These fruits and veggies are fresh, accessible and versatile for any dish, including delicious and quick sausage recipes!
Summer Salad Recipes
Nothing says “summer” quite like a colorful salad. With the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables available during this time of year, your salad is bound to taste as good as it looks. Combine fresh produce like cucumbers, arugula, cherries, strawberries, tomatoes or spinach with delicious Italian sausage to create one of these perfect summer salads:
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sweet Basil Sausage: This quick sausage recipe is gluten-free, low carb and screams summer with its fresh strawberries, spinach and basil Italian sausage.
- Crisp and Tangy Grilled Summer Sausage Salad: This grilled sausage recipe is also gluten-free and low in carbs. It features the sweet taste of baby spinach, scallions and refreshing oranges mixed in with Italian chicken sausage.
- Premio Sausage and Hearts of Palm Gratin With Arugula and Cherry Salad: This colorful salad is jam-packed with healthy foods such as arugula, cherries and walnuts and features sweet Italian sausage.
Summer Grilling Sausage Recipes
There’s no better time to fire up the grill than during the summer. Use your summer greens to spruce up your grilled sausage dishes to give them that extra hint of summer flavor. With so many delicious produce options like eggplant, onions and peppers, your grilled dish is sure to impress.
Give one of our Premio grilled sausage recipes a go this summer:
- Grilled Eggplant With Sausage and Miso Aioli: You’ll love this zesty sausage and eggplant recipe with fresh cilantro.
- Grilled Barbecue Chicken Sausage and Vegetable in Foil: There’s nothing tastier than sausage and grilled vegetables. This recipe features lots of summer produce, including zucchini, onions and peppers.
- Grilled Chicken Sausage With Summer Veggies: This summer dish uses a combination of sweet and savory summer produce like peach preserves, garlic, peppers, eggplant and zucchini.
Make Quick Sausage Recipes With Premio Foods Italian Sausage
At Premio Foods, we have been making fine Italian sausages for over 40 years. With over 40 sausage varieties to choose from, we’re the place to go for quality and variety.
Use our store locator to find Premio sausage near you!